John Jay College of Criminal Justice
524 W. 59th Street, (at 10th Ave)
Saturday, February 25, 2012, 2-5pm
Students, writers, scholars, and activists will discuss the following during the teach-in:
1. Why should NY care about what is going on in Arizona?
2. Why are students across the country so inspired about this cause?
3. What is the historical context for this moment?
4. Why is there an anti-Latina/os movement in the United State of America?
5. Why should other cultures care about the plight of Latinos?
You can also donate banned books to the Librotraficante caravan in one of two ways: Bring a banned book to the event OR La Casa Azul bookstore will be on hand to take orders of banned books to be shipped to Arizona.
For more information, contact student organizer Elizabeth Calixto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clips of Interest:
clips on Arizona book ban: