It’s Valentine’s Week and here at The Latina Book Club we believe in celebrating love and romance every day of the year with family, friends and lovers. Our celebration can be as simple as hugging a niece and nephew to giving chocolate covered cherries to our favorite aunt to dinner for two in bed to reading a romance novel.
And we love romance novels!
We’ve been reading them since high school and they continue to be our favorites because of the guaranteed happy ending. And, it certainly helps that romances come in all categories -- suspense, paranormal, historical, science fiction, etc. – so the thrill is never gone.
The Latina Book Club is happy to welcome award-winning romance writer Mia Sosa as our Valentine’s Day guest blogger, who shares with us her thoughts on romance and why February 14 is just another day in her house.
And for your reading pleasure, we’d like to share some of the romances on our shelves by award-winning Latino authors:
1. CONVICTED by Dee Tenorio (www.deetenorio.com)
Book 1 in Deadly Secrets series. Small town sheriff and undercover DEA agent are on opposite sides of the law. Passion and truth will prove dangerous for them both.
2. EMBRACE THE NIGHT by Caridad Pineiro (www.caridaspineiro.com)
Award winning author writes about two scarred veterans who find peace and passion in each other’s arms.
3. GHOST OF A CHANCE by Ani Gonzalez (www.anigonzalez.com)
Hexes and magic and ghosts…Oh my! Real estate agent and local tycoon are on opposite sides over the town’s spookier residents.
4. HER SWEET SEDUCTION by Sabrina Sol (www.sabrinasol.com)
Her tell-all novel captures the attention of her ex-lover, and that was all he needed to come around again. Love can be sweeter the second time around.
5. HOLD MY HEART by Esther M. Soto (www.emsotoauthor.blogspot.com)
The Heart Series Book 1 is a paranormal romance about two FBI agents after a serial killer who fall into a ripple in time that plays havoc with their loves and their lives.
6. LUCK ON THE LINE by Zoraida Córdova (www.zoraidacordova.com)
Tension and chemistry heat up the kitchen as Boston’s sexy head chef goes head to head with the boss’ spoiled, sharp-tongued daughter.
7. METROPOLICKS by Felicia Lin and Victor Scott Rodriguez (www.metropolicks.com)
A sexy romantic comedy chronicling the dating and relationship adventures of five New Yorkers, male and female. The book has launched a self-help/travel guide, THE METROPOLICKS: WE CALL NEW YORK CITY, which offers dating advice and tips on where to meet significant others in the Big Apple.
8. THE BOOK OF HOURS by Maria Elena Alonso-Sierra (www.mariaelenawrites.com)
This romantic suspense has former lovers fleeing a psychopath out to destroy their newfound love.
9. THREE PLUS THREE by Cindy Flores Martinez (www.cindyfloresmartinez.com)
Cute romantic comedy about two widowers who find love thanks to a spunky bichon frise.
10. UNBUTTONING THE CEO by Mia Sosa (www.miasosa.com)
Who says you can’t mix business and pleasure? A no-strings-attached fling proves hot and dangerous for this CEO bad boy and his sexy new boss.
Happy Reading and Happy Valentine’s Week.###