- BEFORE NIGHT FALLS by Reinaldo Arenas (Penguin Books)
- CUBA: ANOTHER SIDE OF THE STORY by Iris M. Diaz (Xlibris)
- CUBA DIARIES: AN AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE IN HAVANA by Isadora Tattlin (Broadway Books)
- CUBA IN SPLINTERS: 11 STORIES FROM A NEW CUBA edited by Orlando Luis Pardo Lazo (OR Books)
- CUBAN-AMERICAN, DANCING ON THE HYPHEN by Amarilys Gacio Rassler (SPS Publications)
- DANCING WITH CUBA: A MEMOIR OF THE REVOLUTION by Alma Guillermoprieto (Vintage)
- DREAMING IN CUBAN by Cristina Garcia (Ballantine)
- EVERYONE LEAVES by Wendy Guerra (Amazon Crossing)
- FINDING MAÑANA: A MEMOIR OF A CUBAN EXODUS by Mirta Ojito (Penguin)
- HAVANA DREAMS: A STORY OF A CUBAN FAMILY by Wendy Gimbel (Vintage)
- HOW TO LEAVE HIALEAH by Jennine Capó Crucet (St. Martin’s Press)
- LA BELLE CREOLE by Alina Garcia-Lapuerta (Chicago Review Press)
- MEA CUBA by Guillermo Cabrera Infante (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
- MORTIFICTIONS by Derek Palacio (Tim Duggan Books)
- SOFRITO by Philippe Diederich (Cinco Punto Press)
- REYITA: THE LIFE OF A BLACK CUBAN WOMAN IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY by Maria De Los Reyes Castillo Bueno (Duke University Press)
- THE DEATH OF FIDEL PEREZ by Elizabeth Huergo (Unbridled Books)
- THE DISTANT MARVELS by Chantel Acevedo (Europe Editions)
- THE FIRELY LETTERS: A SUFFRAGETTE’S JOURNEY TO CUBA by Margarita Engle (Henry Holt & Co.)
- THE MAMBO KINGS PLAY SONGS OF LOVE by Oscar Hijuelos (Farrar, Straus and Giroux)
- THE MARES OF LENIN PARK by Agustin D. Martinez (Press Americana)
- THE PRINCE OF LOS COCUYOS by Richard Blanco (Ecco Press)
- THE SKINNY YEARS by Raul Ramos y Sanchez (Beck & Branch Publishers)
- WE CAME ALL THE WAY FROM CUBA SO YOU COULD DRESS LIKE THIS? by Achy Obejas (Cleis Press)
- WAITING FOR SNOW IN HAVANA: CONFESSIONS OF A CUBAN BOY by Carlos Eire (Free Press)
November 28, 2016
CASTRO IS DEAD: BOOKS ABOUT LIFE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER FIDEL
Millions of people have been dreaming about Fidel Castro’s death for almost 60 years. It’s finally true – Fidel Castro died on Friday, November 25, at the age of 90. Funeral arrangements are underway in Havana, while in Little Havana/Miami the celebration continues.
The Latina Book Club offers some books about life before, during and after Fidel. Happy Reading.
For Fun Facts About Cuba, click here.
For Famous Cubans and Cuban-Americans, click here.